Sunday, November 24, 2013

Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes

I'm always looking for something new to try. Food wise that is. I love to eat and Thanksgiving is the one holiday that promotes food to the tee. Yum.
Since my daughter works for Walmart, I'm having Thanksgiving's food dishes ready by noon so she can eat before she has to be there by 2. The rest of us can eat with her then eat again on and off all day. I doubt I get out of my comfy clothes on Thanksgiving.
Here's one of my favorite Thanksgiving day recipes.

Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
3 cups of mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup of granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup of milk
½ cup of butter



Mix:
Potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla & milk. Add melted butter. Pour into a casserole dish.

Topping Ingredients:
1/3 cup of flour
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup softened butter

Mix:
Combine brown sugar and flour. Add softened butter until it becomes a crumbly mixture, then add nuts. Mix well.  Sprinkle on top of casserole.

Bake:
350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.


As I said, I'm always looking for new recipes to try so please share yours here.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Tara

1 comment:

Lynn LaFleur said...

This sounds wonderful, Tara! I may have to try it for Christmas. My sister already has the Thanksgiving menu planned. And since I don't have to cook, just show up and eat, I'm not going to mess with her system. :-)

Lynn