Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Summer!

And the living is. . .busy! I'm hoping it will get even busier with more writing and less running. As a teacher, a mom of three busy girls, and an active volunteer, I run a lot during the school year. My calendar is packed all school year long so I get very little writing done.

Last summer I wrote SON OF A PREACHER MAN, which was released in May. My goal for this summer is to finish CAT SCRATCH FEVER and write another story that has been brewing in the back of my mind for a while. Whether or not that happens is anyone's guess, but I'm going to try my hardest.

Part of my problem is, I'm my own worst enemy. I do my best writing in the mornings, but that's also when I get the most work done around the house or in the garden. And then there's always the errands that need to be run or children who just HAVE to be taken somewhere, fed something, or need to talk. If I could learn to write at night when everything is done and the kids are asleep, I bet I could get a lot more written. It would probably suck, but I'd have a lot of words on a page!

I think we all have our "optimal" times for working, or at least when we're the most on the ball. What about you? What's your best time? Do you have a job where you work at your worst time? How do you manage it?

No comments: