Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Story Behind Armed and Delicious

I'm often asked where I get my ideas for my books. That's such a hard question to answer. Ideas come from everywhere ... an overheard conversation, a news story, a song. Then there are those plots that simply pop into my head without any warning. That's what happened with Rent-A-Stud, the first book in my Coopers' Companions series.

When I wrote that book, I had no idea it would be the first book in a series. But I liked my hero, Zachary Cooper, and the other characters so much, I knew they deserved their own books. Zach's sister Michelle stars in Michelle's Men, his brother Brent's book is Almost Perfection. I thought three books would be enough. Then I started receiving emails asking for Breanna's book.

Breanna is the daughter of Jade, Zach's love in Rent-A-Stud. She's strong willed, stubborn, and spoiled. A woman who possesses those three S's must have her own story, right? She'd have to have a hero who's also strong and a little stubborn too. Detective Evan Stone seemed perfect for Breanna. At least, to me. To her, not so much at first. But she soon learns what she thought would be the perfect man wouldn't fit her at all. Evan fits perfectly, in every way.

I loved writing Armed and Delicious. I hope you enjoy it.

Lynn

* * * * *
Excerpt from Armed and Delicious
by Lynn LaFleur

"There's an empty table in the corner," Breanna said. "Would you like to sit down?"

"Sure."

Plate in one hand, glass of champagne in the other, he followed her to the table. Once she took her seat, he took the chair to her left.

"Is this okay?" she asked before taking a sip of her champagne. "I don't want you to feel as if I kidnapped you."

Her eyes sparkled with humor. Evan couldn't resist a little playful flirting. "Being kidnapped by a beautiful woman isn't a bad thing."

She dipped her head to acknowledge his compliment. "Thank you."

Picking up his fork, he dug into the food on his plate. Each bite had him agreeing with Breanna about the rating scale. His taste buds did a happy dance in his mouth.

A low moan had his attention returning to Breanna. Her eyes were closed as she enjoyed the baked brie. The sound of pleasure reminded him of a woman in the throes of orgasm. His balls tightened in response. He looked at her silky hair, her long neck, her small breasts. A hint of her nipples showed through the material of her dress, enticing him to discover if she wore anything under that dress or if he'd find nothing but bare skin.

Down, fella, he told his cock as it gave an interested twitch.

She bit into her cracker piled with crab dip. Her chewing stopped when she met his gaze. "What?"

Her question made him realize he'd stared at her much longer than he should have. Instead of stumbling his way through an excuse, he gave a one-shouldered shrug and told her the truth. "Just admiring the view."

A slow smile turned up her lips. Her gaze passed over his hair, shoulders, chest. "It's pretty nice from where I'm sitting too. You look amazing in a tux." She tilted her head to one side, swept her gaze over his shoulders and chest again. "I'll bet you look pretty amazing out of it too."

Leaning back in his chair, Evan folded his hand over his stomach. "Why, Ms. Talmage, are you propositioning me?"

"Do you want me to?"

* * * * *
Find Armed and Delicious at the Ellora's Cave website now, at online stores soon.

4 comments:

Diana Hunter said...

Hot, hot, hot! :)

I'm always fascinated by the creative process and where people's ideas come for artwork, for music, for stories. Thanks for lifting the curtain, Lynn, and letting us get a peek!

N.J.Walters said...

It's always fun to know where the idea for a book came from.

Kathy Kulig said...

I love this series. I'm enjoying Armed and Delicious now. Great read!

John said...

This book is really worth reading, it has too much details in it and yet it is so simple to understand, Thanks for sharing :)

GED Online