Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waking Up

This post is just a tad late. . .okay, really late. I have been running around with my daughters getting them ready for their dance recital this weekend and I feel like all I do is drive. Someday, I'm going to have a voice recognition thingy that will post my blogs as I say them in the car.

Of course, that could lead to some interesting posts. . .I do tend to get a little cranky when the people in front of me don't go as fast as I think they should. Okay, blogging from the car is probably a very bad idea.

This week my first new book in 4 years is out. WAKING UP is a very short story that I hope gives people an escape from their day, and maybe a little zip to their nights. I came up with the story after listening to the song WAKING UP IN VEGAS by Katy Perry. (In the car, again. If I could write while driving, I'd have a ton of books written!)

I've never been to Vegas, but I've had quite a few bad mornings waking up in New Orleans. In fact, there is one scene in the story that comes from direct experience. (Unfortunately, it's not the one where she wakes up next to a really hot guy.)

I wanted this story to be fun, sexy, and quick so that readers who are running around with schedules like mine could read it in one sitting and still get to sleep at a decent hour. (I can't be the only one who stays up way too late saying "just one more chapter")

If anyone reads WAKING UP and wants to comment, I'd love to hear what you have to say. Message me on Facebook (Arianna Hart) or Tweet to me on Twitter (@AriannaHart212).

And if you discover a way to drive and write at the same time, let me know!

1 comment:

Lynn LaFleur said...

I've read this book and it's great! Highly recommended for a quick, sexy read.

Lynn