Sunday, March 27, 2011

Favorite Movies


I'm interested in learning your favorite movie. I don't go out to the movies. Can't remember the last time I even entered a movie theatre. It's easier to simply rent it directly on the TV. Though I do miss the popcorn from the theatre. You just can't get it like that anywhere else. The one good thing about watching movies at home, the pause button so you can go potty and not miss a scene.
The main things I don't miss about the theatre, people talking, cell phones ringing and sticky floors (oooohhh).
Occasionally, I find a great movie that I will actually purchase on DVD. There are some I wish I never spent the money on like Due Date. My son said it was funny. I didn't see it, couldn't even watch it to the end.
But there are a few that I can watch over and over and over.
Here's my list of favorites:
All four Shrek movies. If I'm sick, I curl up on the couch and do a Shrek marathon. my kids hate it.
Ever After
A walk in the clouds
Hell Boy I & II
Expendables
Grown-ups
50 first dates
True Lies
A Cinderella Story-my daughter & I watch this one together
The Proposal (love Betty White)
Lady and the Tramp
The Mummy I & II
George of the Jungle
Tarzan
Sherlock Holmes
Gone with the Wind - this is a given since I'm named after the plantation.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Hoping ya'll step and share you're favorites.
I'm always looking for a good movie.



2 comments:

CF Duprey said...

Wizard of Oz was always my favorite as a kid, even if I did hide behind my daddy's chair everytime the Wicked Witch of the West came on. It played on TV once every year and every year my mom would make popcorn for us and we'd watch it as a family. And every year my dad would protect us from the flying monkeys :).

But as a grown up? The Secretary is among my favorites, of course. Sensual, sexy and non-judgmental.

Princess Bride -- and 1776 -- and Galaxy Quest -- and Overboard -- and Frisco Kid all are great movies when I need a pick-me-up.

Thanks for the list, Tara! I've not seen them all, but I'll be looking for them :)

Lynn LaFleur said...

My all-time favorite is The American President starring Michael Douglas and Annette Benning. It's a wonderful romance, and I'm all about the romance!

I also love It's a Wonderful Life. I always feel good after I watch it. And yes, I cry at the end every time.

The Three Muskateers! The one with Kiefer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen. So funny with its modern-day humor.

Other favorites include Star Trek 4, Calendar Girls, The Sound of Music, The First Wives Club, and The Cowboys (with John Wayne.