Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays and Good Riddance 2008!

It’s the end of the year and a time of reflection, and my overriding thought is, THANK GOD 2008 IS ALMOST OVER!!!

For those of you whom I haven’t bored to tears with my tale of woe, 2008 has sucked pond water for my family. In June, my youngest daughter was diagnosed with leukemia and my entire world changed in the matter of a half hour. I went from getting ready to go on vacation for two weeks to spending a week in the hospital while my six year old underwent an operation and several painful treatments.

And that was just the start.

The last six months have been a blur of hospital stays, chemotherapy, and constant worry. Oh, and I started a full time job which essentially put my writing career on hold for the time being.

But, there is good news!!! As of last week, my daughter has finished the worst of her chemotherapy and will be on much lower doses of chemo for the next two years. Her hair is starting to grow back and she shouldn’t miss much more school. I’m on vacation until January 5th, and I have a book coming out in print in January. So bring on 2009 and let’s hope it’s better than 2008.


Have a safe and happy New Year

Arianna

4 comments:

Lynn LaFleur said...

Ari, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers ever since I learned about Shannon's illness. I'm so glad she's doing better.

2009 will be a wonderful year! I'm sure of it.

Lynn

Cait Miller said...

Hugs Ari. I'm glad things are looking brighter. All the very best wishes for 2009.

Diana Hunter said...

Hear, Hear! The glass is half-full this year -- let's drink it down and fill 'er up again!

{{hugs}} to you and your family :)

Diana

Titania Ladley said...

Yay, it's wonderful to hear things are looking up, Ari! I'll continue to keep your daughter, you, and all your family in my thoughts and prayers. Happy 2009!

Big hugs,
Titania