Sunday, December 2, 2007

Countdown to Christmas

Wow. December. How did that happen? Christmas this year seems to have arrived with a whimper rather than a bang, it's just kinda snuck up on me. It could just be that I've been really good at putting it out of my mind since I'm also having a significant birthday ...but we won't go there... Yes, I've been having a little bit of a problem opening my Christmas Spirits. So, last night I put the Christmas tree up and tonight the decorations in the rest of the house. I've started Christmas shopping, finally, and I'm looking for a dress for my work Christmas Party. And still... something is missing...

To help get me in the mood I've been checking out the festive themed books on offer. There are some fabulous ones coming out this month but I'm pulling out some old favorites. I find I'm often drawn back to the old Silhouette romances with their old fashioned feel good stories.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. What makes a good Christmas book? What is your favorite Christmas book and which one are you most looking forward to reading this year?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Good Morning Cait!

What I look for in a good cristmas book, Nothing really as long as it has a great story line I will enjoy it.
One of my Favorit storys is Nancy Warrens "Let It Snow"
The one I am reviewing "unwrapped by Jaci Burton"

This is a great topic, I love Christmas Books.

Cait Miller said...

Me too! One of the ones I have dug out to read is JD Robb's Holiday In Death. I love the way Eve Dallas Bah Humbugs her way through every one elses Christmas Spirits.

Titania Ladley said...

Being late to comment as usual--lol, I know you already found that sexy dress. ;) Rrrrrooowwwll! *g* Fave holiday books for me...too many to name!

Titania ~ finally decorating the tree